Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thank You, Carla

Like everyone who starts a blog, I have always said I would never, ever have a blog.  And like everyone who eventually succumbs to the temptation, I too have a justifiable reason for doing so.

Enter, Carla.  My friend, pledge sister, and former roommate has a blog that I read regularly  (Disclaimer:  Carla, I don't think I've actually told you that I read it or even know that it exists for that matter, but it should come as no surprise that I stalk you, so I'm not worried).  Carla's blog is hilarious, because Carla is hilarious.  "Sarcasm is a Virtue" is responsible for an approximately .5 grade point deduction from my GPA, and for that I am nothing but thankful.

Yesterday, I was reading Carla's most recent entertaining saga, aptly titled Tennessee's Most Wanted:  Taylor (I suggest you peruse that post before continuing here).  As I chuckled at the events that unfolded for Carla on the night of her graduation (Congrats!), I came to a frightening realization.  Tate, are you ready for this?

I KNOW TAYLOR.

Ok, kind of.  By "I know Taylor," I really mean "I know a guy who knows Taylor."  The guy-- who has requested to remain nameless, so we shall call him "Thomas"-- also matriculated at the University of Tennessee, and I suspected that the two may have been acquaintances through the fraternity scene there.  I tested this hypothesis with an email to "Thomas," in which I provided a link to Carla's blog with a picture and description of the perpetrator, Taylor.  

And did "Thomas" respond?  Oh yes.  "That's definitely Taylor Black.  He's in pharmacy school in Memphis."  (Note:  That's not his real last name, but rest assured that I will be disclosing his actual last name to Carla via email.)  Not only did "Thomas" do me the favor of confirming Taylor's identity-- he also went on to forward my email to a number of their fraternity brothers, many of whom chimed in with the following comments:

"I was with him at Silky's about half an hour before that!  We lost him, though."

"Sounds like Taylor had a better night than most of us."

And my favorite:  "(Heck) yes I rushed him-- did you just read that story?  Total frat move."

To conclude:  Carla, if you were wondering why your blog has received a few more hits than usual, it is because it is circulating among numerous UT Sig Eps.  I hope this discovery can effectively contribute to the recovery of your (or Lauren's, I suppose) missing $20.  Be afraid, Taylor. Be very afraid. 

2 comments:

  1. This is incredible. Incredible. The best graduation present I could have received (as I'm sure you intended it to be). There were a couple comments that were made on the entry, but I didn't publish them because I didn't know the author. One of them may have been Taylor himself. I'm calling you. Right now.

    ReplyDelete